Monday, October 17, 2011

A Little Humor Can Go A Long Way....

We will be leaving tomorrow evening to go to Houston for Erin and Graham's surgery which will be on Thursday. We are a little on the nervous side, but we are still confident that God will carry us through. He is the one we look to for ultimate healing, we know that He is able beyond measure. Personally, I have committed by my wife and my son into His hands, I pray He returns them safe to me. But, above all, I pray for His will to be done.

So, in light of the heaviness that is upon us and those that have been praying for us. I wanted to let y'all in on a conversation that happened between Erin and Parker. We were driving to get Parker a haircut while down in Houston. Erin is really good at sustaining conversation with Parker. But this one had some unforeseen humor. I couldn't resist laughing out loud.

Erin: Parker, Do you see those cows over there?
Parker: Yeah!
Erin: What are they doing?
Parker: You tell me. (Parker's new favorite phrase to just about any question we ask him....)
Erin: Are they eating?
Parker: Yeah!
Erin: What are they eating
Parker: Grass.
Erin: Does Parker eat grass?
Parker: (with a cheesy grin on his face) Nooo!
Erin: That's right. What does Parker eat?
Parker: Dinner.
Erin: That's right. What else does Parker eat?
Parker: Snack.

I had trouble paying attention to the road at this point. I love the simplicity that Parker sees the world through. It keeps me grounded. Tonight we had a really horrible bath time, that involved three swats to his bare bottom by his daddy. I hate the discipline part of parenting. But, Parker doesn't know that God wants him to honor his mommy and daddy. We have to explain that to him. He sees things so differently. Throughout this whole ordeal with baby Graham, he has been such a trooper. He knows that Graham and Mommy are not feeling well. But we pray every night that God will help them to feel better. He really believes that Jesus cares about them, and that Jesus is going to make them better. He doesn't know anything else. He truly has a childlike faith. He trusts so freely. I may be the one that God has entrusted to show Parker the lessons of life and the Bible. But I definitely have some lessons to learn from my son.

May God grant us the faith like Parker has. That we trust Him freely and cast all our cares at His Feet. God alone is able, He alone is worthy of our praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment